Savari, a Silicon Valleybased auto tech company, is working with Qualcomm Technologies to deliver a comprehensive Cellular Vehicle-toEverything (C-V2X) solution. As part of the working relationship, Savari provides key software components for C-V2X modules featuring the Qualcomm 9150 C-V2X chipset.
This solution is designed to deliver C-V2X communication capabilities, including vehicle-tovehicle (V2V), vehicle-to-infrastrucutre (V2I) and vehicle-to-pedestrian (V2P), in support for automotive safety and Level 4 and Level 5 autonomous vehicles. As a key V2X software provider for the 9150 C-V2X chipset, Savari delivers a robust suite of features designed to enhance safety consciousness and support advanced autonomous driving features.
C-V2X features include:
• Direct communications: C-V2X direct communications supports enhanced range and reliability without relying on cellular network assistance or coverage.
• Non line-of-sight sensing: C-V2X offers 360° awareness beyond visual sight which works at night and in bad weather situations.
• Conveying intent: C-V2X can be used to share intent, sensor data, and path planning information with other vehicles to help improve the level of predictability.
• Local mapping with real time context: C-V2X is designed to broadcast updated lanespecific maps that update lane closures, accidents and traffic in real time.
• 5G compatibility: C-V2X is a V2X technology with a clear evolution path to 5G and is designed to be backward/forward compatible.
Auto manufacturers, wireless system providers, road operators, and municipalities are currently working with Savari and Qualcomm Technologies to help accelerate C-V2X technology development and commercialisation. Efforts are currently underway to utilise C-V2X technology in multiple trials around the world. C-V2X is expected to be ready for commercial deployment in vehicles for 2020.
“As the automotive world pushes towards 5G technology, the imminent commercialisation of C-V2X is demonstrating how wireless communications is transforming the industry, paving the path towards advanced safety and autonomous driving. Savari is committed to building upon the foundation we’ve laid as the world’s leading V2X technology provider, and we look forward to working with Qualcomm Technologies to deliver these solutions to the world. Through this collaboration, Savari is positioned to be a core software provider in upcoming cars and handheld devices,” said Ravi Puvvala, CEO, Savari.
“Qualcomm Technologies remains committed in bringing the best solutions and products to support the present and future of the automotive industry. We are pleased to work with ecosystem leaders like Savari as we move towards the commercialisation of C-V2X and 5G, which will aid in turning vehicles into platforms for innovation, new services and business models,” said Nakul Duggal, Vice President of Product Management, Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.